Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 05, 2006

6 months later....

12-5-05
6-5-06

Six months ago today, I was in China receiving my second blessing from Heaven. On December 5, 2005, Alyssa joined our family forever. We have all had some major transitions to adjust to over the last 6 months, but tonight brought home how very special our lives all are as a result of being a family. My girls were playing and “getting wild.” Emily was racing and marching around the house yelling for her sister to “follow me.” Ali was happily following along, taking lots of unsteady steps, cracking herself up each time she lost her balance or her big sister raced around her. My house if full of noise and laughter. While the last 6 months have been nothing close to being easy, we are finally on track. Adding a new child to your family is never easy, especially when they come to you will a personality, feelings, and definite opinions. If anyone tells you that parenthood is “piece of cake,” I would beg to differ. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. I am perpetually tired, my house is often in chaos, and there are times that I look forward to going to work…just to get a break. J That being said, I am the happiest that I have ever been. I wouldn’t change my life for anything. My girls are my heart and soul. As I tell Emily and Alyssa each night as I tuck them in… “YOU make my heart happy!!” More truthful words have never been spoken….

Happy 6-month Family Day, sweet Ali, Mama loves you more than life!!!

2 Comments:

  • At June 5, 2006 at 8:33:00 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

    AAW!! Sniff sniff! Its true though! The worst day with my daughter is so much better than the best day before - but oh my am I tired... and I used to have a living room! I think its buried under blocks and hairbows and books and little girl paraphernalia! Who cares? When its all said and done its so much more about what you are doing together than the chaos... it wonderful to hear that the girls are doing great - but then I know you are a terrific Mom and they are amazing girls!!

    Hugs!!!
    Missy... teary-eyed all the time these days - its so amazing!

     
  • At June 6, 2006 at 7:07:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are turning me into a big mush!!!! I think you are one of the most amazing moms I know.

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home