Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 17, 2005

6 months from LID...when will the referrals be here????

Hi,
Today is 6 months since my paperwork was logged in to the CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs). My paper work (dossier to China =DTC) went over to China on Feb 25th. The initial predictions were that the the referrals would be here between 6-7 months from one's dtc. That would put me in the group receiving referrals at the end of September. Well, wouldn't you know it....the Director of the CCAA has left the country for either business or pleasure. His return is not anticipated to be until after the National Holiday in China, the second week of October. If this is true, that means that Alyssa's referral won't be here until mid OCTOBER!!! I just want to cry. This may put travel closer to Christmas versus Thanksgiving. I am so disappointed. Of course, anything can happen. Maybe the rumors are not true?? Maybe the Director will come back to work briefly to "sign off" on the referrals before the National Holiday in October? I don't know. But, this is a disappointment that I learned just yesterday. Anyway, that is the update for now. Hopefully I will post in the next couple of weeks with better news. I can't wait to find out every little detail about Alyssa. I know many of you want to know too........

All my best,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home