HOME with my TWO girls




Whew!!!!!!!! We made it home safely as Teresa posted yesterday. (Thanks T) !!The flight was great. The flight attendant moved me and the baby to the row ahead of my Mom, Lauren and Emily, so I had 3 seats to myselfwith Alyssa while a very nice Chinese woman sat at the end. She was very helpful and helped dig things out of my back pack when I needed. Smiles and thumbs up is universal. One doesn't have to speak the language to know that people care!! Alyssa did fantastic on the flight. She didn't sleep too much but was content to sit and play. Emily sat with my Mom and Lauren behind me. They had a row of 4 seatsto themselves to spread out. Emily slept at the beginning of the flight for about 90 minutes and then again at the end of the flight for about 3-4 hours. The flight was great and seemed much quicker than the one over. I am so proud of how well my girls did!! We arrived at JFK to about 18 of my closest friends and relatives. It means so much to me be to be so loved and supported!! Going through customs was a breeze and Larry and my brother got us home in record speed. My brother, sister law, neices and nephew along with my Aunt were waiting with lots of food and love!!!! Emily stayed awake until about 9pm and woke up at 1am for the night. She just went to sleep again and it was about 10:30 am. The baby fell asleep around 11, woke up at about 2 am for a couple of hours, went back to sleep until 6am. My Mom came up (we live in a two family-thank god) at about 6:30 so I could sleep for a few hours. I hope to let them sleep for awhile longer and then wake them up for the day by 12 or 1. I may have a couple of cranky girls for a while until I get them back on NY time!!! Jet lag is the worst. I just want to say that this was a great trip. Both girls did great every step of the way. I am so thankful that my Mom and Lauren were able to share it with me. It goes unsaid that I couldn't have managed the logsistics of two little ones by myself and I couldn't imagine not having Emmy with me as our family grew to include her forever sister. More than that, Mom and Lauren were so supportive, picking up the slack when I needed, without my having to ask. They knew when I needed space just to be grumpy and shared the most wonderful moments of my life. Lauren is the best friend anyone could ask for. How many women would leave a husband and a 2 and 4 year old at home for two weeks to go with a friend on a trip like this?? I don't know many!! I don't know how I will ever thank her. I was so thankful that my Mom was able to get her back in shape enough to join us again. I so wanted her to come on this trip!! Thank you both!!!!!!!!! More later!
Love Michele



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home