Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

3 years ago.............

Meeting Emily 3-23-03
Emily Hope 3-23-06




How do you describe one of the most wonderful days of your life?? It is VERY hard!!

How do you explain LOVING a little baby with all of your heart and soul....even before you know who she is, where she is from, or how old she is? It is impossible.

3 years ago on March 23rd, in the Cival Affairs Office in Yunnan Province, China, I nervously waited to meet my precious baby, Emily Hope Zhongyan!! My heart was beating faster than ever and I sat among many other nervous parents to be.

When they walked in with THE BABIES, I barely recognized my sweet little girl. She was much smaller than I expected with a beautiful complexion and dark beautiful eyes. She looked at me for a minute or two and began to softly cry. I held her tightly and promised I would ALWAYS love her and take care of her. She was safe now, Mama was here!! She fell asleep and when she woke up she was full of smiles. What a wonderful moment. LOVE at first sight.

My Emily is full of life. She is full of questions too. I hope I always have the answers, but I know that I won't! Today is our FAMILY DAY!!. If you ask Emily what that means she will tell you, "it is when I adopted Mama and she adopted me!!" "Oh, yes baby,", I will always tell her, "and it was the most wonderful day of my life!!!"

It amazes me that I have two precious girls from China. THREE YEARS!!!! Time is going by way too fast :*(

I love you to the moon and back, my sweet Emily Hope!!! Happy Family Day!!!





2 Comments:

  • At March 25, 2006 at 8:08:00 PM PST , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are right - how does one find the words to describe the happiness.... congratulations on Emily's family day.. we sure miss you guys! Can't wait to see you all on the 8th and hope all are on the mend ... congrats again.. seems like just yesterday I was meeting you all for the first time and now I am also trying to decribe the indescribeable! We love Chloe SO much we can barely remember life before she joined us - though I vaguely recall sleeping better...LOL!!!

    Missy - sleepy but happy!

     
  • At March 29, 2006 at 6:05:00 AM PST , Blogger Amy and Darrin said...

    This post made me cry! Too sweet - we can't wait for that day. Thanks for checking it to our blog; hopefully, we'll have good news to report soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home