No Call today.....boo hoo :-(
Well after a lot of anticipation of *possibly* getting referrals today,I called my agency and none arrived. Boo Hoo. Marissa, my rep from Holt is very sweet. She *hopes* to get them on Monday or Tuesday. I REALLY REALLY want it to come on Monday. It would be perfect. Monday night is Emily's first Chinese class. If I get "the call" on Monday I will get Alyssa's pictures and medical information on Wednesday via Fed Ex and I already have the day off. I can hardly wait another minute to see her picture and to find out where she is currently living.
This whole process is so very hard for people who haven't been through it to understand. I think that people think..."okay, what ever, so you are getting the referral....it's still not like you are getting THE BABY!!" I equate this part of the wait to labor. Once I finally get to see her sweet picture it will be like I am finally giving birth. No, I may not have experienced all of the physical changes or pains of being pregnant but I can pretty much guarantee the emotions, the anticipation, and the anxiety is the same, Trust me....adopting is not "easier," it is just different. But as any mother will tell you after she sees her beautiful baby for the very first time.........worth every second of it.
I hope to update this site soon, Hold Alyssa in your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Michele and Emily
This whole process is so very hard for people who haven't been through it to understand. I think that people think..."okay, what ever, so you are getting the referral....it's still not like you are getting THE BABY!!" I equate this part of the wait to labor. Once I finally get to see her sweet picture it will be like I am finally giving birth. No, I may not have experienced all of the physical changes or pains of being pregnant but I can pretty much guarantee the emotions, the anticipation, and the anxiety is the same, Trust me....adopting is not "easier," it is just different. But as any mother will tell you after she sees her beautiful baby for the very first time.........worth every second of it.
I hope to update this site soon, Hold Alyssa in your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Michele and Emily



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home