Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 09, 2006

Last day in Guangzhou!!



Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was filled with another day of power shopping. At one point both of the girls were sleeping and I felt like I needed to shop til I dropped. I was pointing to things and adding them to my pile of purchases like a mad woman and the sales clerk was spinning LOL. We have done most of our shopping at the first little shop on the left hand side of the road when you leave the White Swan Hotel. Lucy, the girl who has been helping us knows us by name as we walk by and she is just the cutest thing (see picture in next post with her sizing an outfit for Em). I want to bring her home. She is 18 years old and these girls work soooooo hard!! The highlight of our trip (second to receiving Alyssa of course) was visiting the 6 Banyan Temple in Guangzhou yesterday. It is one of the oldest temples in Southern China. I was able to get both girls blessed by a Monk and I have to say I was so moved. It brought everything to the surface....The culture, the beauty of China. How THIS is MY daughter's country and how very different their lives would be if they remained here. I don't mean in an orphanage, but there are so many wonderful people and families in China. I don't know the circumstances of either of my girls' birth families or the reasons that brought them to the decision to place them in a safe place so that they may have a better life........but in my heart, I know that someone out there is loving and missing them. How I wish that they knew that they are wonderful, thriving, beautiful girls who will be given every opportunity that I can give them to have a happy and fulfilling life. I am happy to be heading home tomorrow morning, but it is bitter sweet as I am taking Alyssa out of the place that she has known as home for the last 8 months. I hope that I can provide Emily and Alyssa with the answers that they want to know when they are bigger but the truth is, I don't have many. I leave China with a heavy heart.....but with a heart overwhelming with love...for my children AND China. Today we decided to skip the tours and finish up some last minute shopping. We also go to the consulate at 2:45 for our official swearing in. At that point everything is final and we can leave China. We are heading out tomorrow morning (12-15) at 5:30 am to start our journey home. We land in JFK at 1:30 pm. I am so excitedto be coming home and seeing everyone at the airport. Alyssa and I have colds, but we are all doing great!!!!!!!!! This may be my last post from China. I will update once we get home. Lauren and I are going to get massages tonight. The best massage I ever got was here and I hope Lauren enjoys it!!! Lauren and my Mom have been fantastic. I couldn't have done it without them. Lauren has helped other families as well as there is another single mom traveling alone. The kids have done great and I hope that trend continues. I was so worried about bringing Emily and how she would adjust to the baby on the whole and she has done far better than I could have ever imagined. She just loves the baby. The baby adores her. Alyssa is pretty easy going until shewants to eat. Her cry is more like a screech!!! She loves to be held and she will play on the floor for a couple of minutes now as long as we are within her eye sight!! Thank you all for following our journey. I will be printing off allfo the messages to share with Alyssa when she is older. The phone calls have been so appreciated. It is nice to pick up the phone and hear familiar voices. THRILLING to speak to my friend Missy who received the referral for sweet Chloe Rose while we were here!! Sorry we missed a couple of calls. Please pray that the flight is uneventful. I think they are calling for Snow/Ice showers on Thursday and all we want to do is get home safely!!! So long for now!!
Love,
Michele and the gang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home