Special Nursers for babies with Cleft lip/palate
This is a picture of special nurser bottles that are used for babies with Cleft Palate/Lip. I recently learned that there are babies in Alyssa's orphanage with C/L Palate. In my professional work, I know just how difficult feeding in the best of circumstances can be for these tiny little babies. In an orphanage, where 1:1 care is not provided, these babies have a much more difficult time eating, gaining weight, and getting proper nutrition. We all know that without proper nutrition, mental and physical development is affected. These bottles are easily purchased in America. They are nearly impossible to find in China. So for any families who are due to travel, consider finding out if there are children with cleft lip/palate in your child's orphanage. If so, consider bringing a donation. The Fujian Kids site has a Chinese translation for directions that can be given to the care-takers so that they know how to use the bottles. Also, if you don't want to or cannot purchase these bottles directly from Mead Johnson, you can order them through this site (actually cheaper) and have them shipped to you in time for travel. I am ordering some bottles to take and would be happy to bring some more if you want to send them with me. I will take as many as I can fit in my suitcases. Check this site out http://www.fujiankids.org/assist/cleft.shtml and consider a donation if you can.Thanks for listening!!
Michele, Emily & Alyssa



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home