Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 09, 2006

Guangzhou Day 2 and 3








Hello, I am doing my best to keep posting and giving updates and pictures. This leg of the trip is very busy with paperwork and SHOPPING. Let'sjust say I purchased a huge suitcase to bring our purchases home in ;-) On Sunday, day 2 in Guangzhou, we went to a pearl and jade factory.We got some beautiful pearls for the girls for when they are older. I also got some and my Mom got a beautful strand of pearl and onyx. They are so gorgeous. We spent so much time at the pearl area that we had very little time at the jade factory. We had hoped to take a cab back to that area, but we seem to be running out of time. Sunday afternoon we spent power shopping on Shaiman Island. By the time it was dinner time, the kids and I were pooped, so Nan and I ordered Danny's Bagels and stayed in. Lauren joined a couple of other families out and had a Cantonese dinner. They skipped the more exotic dishes (goats colon and sheeps intestines) but said the dinner was pretty good. It has been a bit of a challenge to get Emily to eat, but we are managing okay. On Monday we went to a tour to an open wholesale market. No animals, only clothes, shoes, and a ton of Christmas decorations. It is like a large flea market with new goods. We got many great bargains. In the afternoon we went shopping on Shaiman Island again and I picked up Traditional Chinese shirts/dresses that I had made for my Mom, the girls and I. I hope to get our portraits taken when we get home. Ialso got beautiful wedding boxes for each of the girls. It is a Chinese tradition for the bride's parents to give her this on her wedding day. It is like a small jewlery box with a mirror that pops up, but is so pretty. We picked up a few other things. We were tired again and decided to get the buffet in the hotel for dinner. The hotel is very pretty and we took some pictures. We also had the baby's medical exam. Everything went well and we are cleared to bring Alyssa home. At almost 9 months, Alyssa weighs 18.8 pounds and is 27 inches long. She is a chunker!! No wonder my back is killing me. Lauren stayed at the hotel with Em and went to theplay room. I didn't think Emily needed to visit a Chinese hospital. We are all healthy and we want to stay that way!!! When we got back the other families and I took the famous RED COUCH photos. SO much fun!!!! Today we are going to a Buddist Temple, the oldest one in Guangzhou. The Banyan Temple. We are going to have the babies blessed. I was hoping to be able to do this as we weren't able to do it when Iadopted Emily in 2003. I will have both girls blessed. This afternoon (Tuesday) we have another paperwork meeting and tomorrow is our Consulate appointment. We are having a great trip but we are all anxious to come home!!!!!!! More later.
Love, Michele and the gang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home