Our Journey to Alyssa

My incredible journey to my second beautiful girl from China. Follow my paperchase and ultimately our trip to China and back...... Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My baby started school today.......



On our way to school via Mommy's MommyMobile...all smiles!!!

On the way home, she cried most of the trup. Yes, she is coming home on the bus (can you visualize me clenching my chest and holding my breath). All in all her first day was fairly successful. She did cry when she realized I was gone, but I was able to peak in on her several times throughout the morning and she was happy and playing. She wasn't thrilled with the bus ride AT ALL. Hysterical getting on....hysterical getting off. The driver and matron told me that she slept for a while in between the tears.
I am very lucky in that I work at the school where Ali is getting her services. I know that she will do well and adjust to this new setting...........I hope her Nana and Mama do too. :-)

5 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2007 at 2:16:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So cute, but your car seat straps are too far down, she could fly right out of there!!!! The clip should be nipple level.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM PST , Blogger Michele said...

    Dear Anonymous,
    Thanks for the tip on the car seat straps. You have to know me in person to know I am a FANATIC with the straps. I adjust them each time they are put in the seats depending on the jackets they have on. Obviously I snapped the picture before I re-adjusted the straps. This is ONE of the reasons I am SO nervous about her taking the bus. But, as a working Mom, I have no choice :-( Thanks for checking the blog and caring enough to post your comments!!! Please post your name next time, I won't bite, I promise LOL

    Michele

     
  • At February 28, 2007 at 6:05:00 PM PST , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am glad you re-posted as I was would have posted that myself - I know you to be the BEST MOM EVER and as I usually do - I am in awe of how you accomplish so much and stay so nice!!! I gotta say - the straps are a really sticky thing these days since MY 2 yo has figured out how to lower the clip and slip her arms completely out. I have been everywhere to try to find something to hold the clip in its proper position - so far no luck!! I am a step away from writing to Britex to find out what their solution is.. BEFORE I find my precious standing up in her car seat AGAIN!

    We are thrilled with the very happy news about your dear one's heart!! What a brave little girl!! AND to school - wow!! That is great but I know it is hard to let your little one go on a bus.... all will be well!! You are an excellent Mom to two very excellent kids!!!

    Love ya muchly!

     
  • At February 28, 2007 at 7:30:00 PM PST , Blogger David and Lisa said...

    wonderful news about her heart!!! I'm sorry she cried on the bus but hopefully in a few days she'll be happy about it. You are definitely one of the most awesome mothers I know!!

     
  • At March 1, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM PST , Blogger Michele said...

    Oh, you guys,you are making my blush. Thanks for the compliments but I am no different then the two of you and many other moms who have to juggle lots of things everyday. Your comments warmed my heart after an exceptionally hard week....thank goodness it's almost over. See you both on Sunday!!!!!

    Love ya,
    Michele

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home