WE GOT TRAVEL APPROVAL
Well it finally came!!! I was anxious all day because I just had a gut feeling that Friday would be the day that we got "official" word that we could TRAVEL to CHINA to bring Alyssa home. I had plans to get together with some of my friends, many who are also waiting to travel to bring new babies home from China, and I sat in front of my computer as long as I could before I had to leave. Finally, at about 7:10 I hit refresh on my computer just ONE MORE TIME, and there it was....and email from my agency indicating that they had received Travel Approvals for the families who got referrals on 10-4-05!! That is US!!! Wow, I was so happy!! Finally, one step closer to my girl. (By the way, my wonderful friends had plotted to plan a surprise shower for me)!! What a great night. More on that in the next post....
Basically, this means that we (or my agency-Holt-as the case may be) can move forward and make the request for a Consulate Appointment at the American Consulate in Guangzhou, China. This appointment is the last official appointment that we have before we are permitted to leave China with the babies! At this appointment, we are granted a VISA for Alyssa so that she can enter America. By this point the adoption will already have been finalized.
This week will be a busy one...finalizing paper work, making flight arrangements, booking hotels, attending to the last minute details that will lead up to the day that my second little angel girl is placed in to my arms!!! WOW, I still can't believe that WE ARE GOING TO BRING ALYSSA HOME.
I will keep everyone posted!!!
Michele, Emily, and Alyssa
Basically, this means that we (or my agency-Holt-as the case may be) can move forward and make the request for a Consulate Appointment at the American Consulate in Guangzhou, China. This appointment is the last official appointment that we have before we are permitted to leave China with the babies! At this appointment, we are granted a VISA for Alyssa so that she can enter America. By this point the adoption will already have been finalized.
This week will be a busy one...finalizing paper work, making flight arrangements, booking hotels, attending to the last minute details that will lead up to the day that my second little angel girl is placed in to my arms!!! WOW, I still can't believe that WE ARE GOING TO BRING ALYSSA HOME.
I will keep everyone posted!!!
Michele, Emily, and Alyssa



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home